Check this page each month for a free pattern!
Grab N Go Basket
Right click here/Save Target
To download pattern
Grab n Go Basket
Grab n Go Base
#2 round reed
½ flat reed
1/4 flat reed
Ό flat oval reed
1/2 flat oval reed
1. From ½ flat reed, cut 32 pieces 8 long. Soak briefly.
2. Insert these into groove on base, wrong side up. Place one at the centre on each end and one at the centre on the side and then distributing the remaining spokes evenly around base.
3. Using #2 round reed that has been soaked either twine 2 rows or do 2 rows of chase weaving around base keeping as tight to the base as possible as this is what will hold spokes in place.
4. Gently bend all spokes upwards.
5. Using Ό flat reed weave 1 row overlapping 4 spokes at the end of the row. Use lots of clothespins to keep in place and make sure the weaving is packed tight to the round reed.
6. Weave 12 more rows of start/stop weaving. Be creative and use rows of dyed reed to add colour to your basket. If desired, weave 1 row of dyed reed, 1 row of braided seagrass, 1 row dyed reed.
7. As you weave sides should make a gentle curve upwards from the round reed. Do not allow sides to become too straight and tight to the base at ends. You need enough room to allow for inside rim.
8. Cut and tuck spokes. Inside spokes cut even with top of basket. Outside spokes cut on an angle and tuck into second row of weaving on inside of basket.
9. Make rim by wrapping inside and outside with 3/8 flat oval reed and lay seagrass on top. Hold together with clothespins or cable ties.
10. Lash with Ό flat reed.
11. Decorate basket to suit your taste and dιcor.
Always sign and date the bottom of your basket with a permanent marker.
Use your creative ideas to dye reed and create your own baskets. Some ideas are shown in pictures.
If desired stain basket with product of choice.
Pattern for personal use only, cannot be sold.
All patterns property of W.H. Baskets
Copyright ©2005-2013 Geoff Haydt - All rights reserved